Terms and Conditions
Terms & Conditions
If you are unsure about any of the following details, please contact heart to art for further assistance.
- “Buyer” means the person who buys goods from the seller.
- “Seller” and “Artist” means :
Lucy Grossmith - heart to art
Suffolk CO10 7PW
- “Terms and Conditions” means the terms and conditions of sale set out in this document and any special terms and conditions agreed in writing by the Seller.
• UK /N. Ireland customers can pay by cheque, debit/credit card and Paypal.
• Outside the UK customers can only pay by first contacting heart to art and a secure online payment system invoice,through Paypal, will be issued to them.
• Delivery will only occur after full payment has been received and cleared.
• Payment includes shipping, packaging and delivery insurance.
• Payments are only accepted in pounds sterling (in the event that goods are paid for in another currency, Paypal will automatically convert the amount to pounds sterling ready to be accepted by Heart To Art)
• All prints and paintings are subject to availability and is sold on a first come first served basis.
• In the unlikely event that a print or painting becomes unavailable after the purchase process has been completed, the unsuccessful buyer will be informed by email and a full refund will be issued.
• The seller reserves the right to cancel any order. Should this occur a full refund would be issued.
• All prices that are currently shown in the Heart To Art brochure and website are excluding VAT and excluding delivery costs.
• The price and description of the artwork is valid at the time of order. Any subsequent changes will not affect the order.
Shipping for prints
Prints to UK/N.Ireland are sent by Royal Mail.
Prints to Europe and the rest of the world are sent by airmail.
• Shipping charges for prints are based on the value and destination of your order, you will be informed during the checkout process of the shipping charge. (see Shipping Costs below)
Shipping costs for prints
For destinations outside of UK / N. Ireland, a quote can be given by email upon request
Shipping for original paintings
• Shipping charges for original paintings are dealt with on an individual basis by email or telephone with the buyer. The buyer will receive a quote for shipping by email and once agreed, will receive an invoice for the total amount payable.
• Delivery is the responsibility of the seller. The seller meets all delivery and insurance costs.
• Prints and paintings will be delivered to the address submitted by the buyer on the order form in the website.
• Once delivered, the buyer will be the owner of the print or painting and therefore responsible for any loss or damage.
• A buyer must refuse to take delivery of the print or painting if damage is evident on arrival.
• If a buyer refuses to take delivery of the print or painting for any reason other than evident damage, then expenses incurred by the seller for delivery and return of the item will be deducted from any refund.
• The maximum delivery time is 30 days. In the event that the maximum time is exceeded Heart To Art will contact the buyer.
- Buyers of prints and paintings will have the option to cancel with full refund. Refunds will be paid within 14days of receiving official written confirmation (email acceptable), of order cancellation.
- Buyers of the Heart To Art personal commission service please see below - Cancellations/Returns
• The seller or the buyer shall not be liable for any delay or failure to perform any of their obligations if the delay or failure results from events or circumstances outside its reasonable control, including but not limited to acts of God, strikes, lock outs, accidents, war, fire, breakdown of plant or machinery or shortage or unavailability of raw materials from a natural source of supply and they shall be entitled to a reasonable extension of their obligations.
Cancellations / Returns
Prints & Paintings
• The buyer may return the print or painting within 7 working days of delivery. If an order is cancelled the buyer must notify the seller of their intention to cancel by email or in writing, within the 7-day period and must also return the artwork to the seller within 14 days of delivery
• The buyer is responsible for return deliveries, including all delivery and insurance costs.
• Buyers must return the print or painting to the seller in perfect saleable condition.
• Buyers must return items in their original condition in order to obtain a refund.
• Refunds will only be made once the items have been checked & determined to be in their original and
re sellable condition by the seller. Once confirmed to be in original state, refunds will be made within 14days.
Please note, the original postage & packaging charge is non-refundable.
Personal Commissions Cancellations
• Buyers have the right to cancel a personal commission before approving and accepting final roughs or visuals.
• Orders for a personal commission cannot be cancelled and are non-refundable after approving and accepting final roughs or visuals.
Damaged Goods / Insurance Claims
• If there is any noticeable damage to the packaging on arrival the buyer must refuse to accept the item.
• If, on unwrapping the item, damage is discovered, the buyer must notify the seller within 24hours of receipt (or first thing Monday if a weekend delivery) of any damage to the item.
• The buyer must send damaged items back to the seller using the sellers approved courier, details will be given on request.
• The buyer must include the original packaging materials with the artwork when returning any damaged goods.
• All copyright for items supplied on this website and in the Heart To Art brochure are and will remain the property of the seller. Any infringement on these rights will be pursued vigorously.
• The copyright for all original paintings remains with the artist/seller; the buyer is purchasing the original NOT the right to produce prints for publication.
• If publication rights are required by a commercial buyer, they must contact the seller by email or telephone for a separate list of prices, terms & conditions. The seller will deal with each commercial buyer on an individual basis.
• The artist, Lucy Grossmith, has the right to reproduce any of her original paintings.
• The seller reserves the right to amend these Terms and Conditions at any time.
• The seller reserves the right to make changes to the product information and prices without prior notice.
• These Terms and Conditions do not affect consumer statutory rights.
• All care and attention is taken to ensure full accuracy in documenting product size and colour, however small deviations may occur.
• There may be some colour variations on reproduced artwork.